I want to login or register an account!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Benutzer

Suggestion Regarding Flash bang Nades & Purchase on Assault

Hi All,

I was wondering if it was possible to limit the buying of Flash bang grenades at the start of the round and, specifically, on Assault.

Currently, as a Terrorist you can start the round, throw your flash bang grenades out the top back door or the front, re-buy, throw again, re-buy, throw again, carry on for 45 seconds and then buy your last lot..then keep them for during the round and gain a huge advantage...well you get the point.

On some servers I play they have it so that once you have, initially bought your full compliment of Flash bang grenades it's not possible to buy any more.

Could this be implemented?

You can, for well over the first 60 seconds, in theory, end up with a completely white screen. Whilst CT could also re-buy it doesn't make any advantage to flash your own spawn.

Benutzer
    So no one has any opinions on this at all?

I find that a bit disappointing LOL

This is an interesting conundrum you present here.

When we look at the wide variety of maps on CSS, Assualt is probably the only one where the opposing spawns are located quite close to each other, but still not sufficiently close to allow intrusion into each other's spawn right after round start. Whilst it is possible for the Terrorists to repeatedly flash as you describe, it is equally possible for both teams. In other words both teams could do the same in an equally distant place from their spawn.

Can we reasonably restrict the gameplay that the developers at Steam have clearly spent some time putting together, or do we allow the game to play out as it is clearly designed? Flashing a particular area just outside of Terrorist spawn does not in fact restrict the use of the entirety of the map for instance. Maybe the esteemed developers at steam created the possibilities for a reason. Should we interfere with that?
    It's not like real life, you get to respawn and try again!

SERVER REGELN - SERVER RULES

FORUM REGELN - FORUM RULES

Benutzer
    It's not the same mate.

You can stand on the upper tier inside the back door if T and throw nades (insert ANY type of nade here) out the top back at an angle to blind the CT team in the underpass, hit your re-buy bind, repeat, hit your rebind key repeat for nigh on 45 seconds then, finally buy your nades as the buy time runs out....T's do it with frag grenades as well and/or smoke if they have the "exploit" turned on.

Similarly you can stand upstairs and throw nades out the front roller shutter door, and repeat as above.

On CT you can't stand in spawn and throw nades anywhere other than through the underpass or towards the railway bridge...not exactly helping your team either way....

Feel free to join me on server some time and I'll prove this point against you to extremes...I reckon i can buy and throw about 5 flash grenades in the time allowed and still save my full compliment for the game....multiply that by 3 or 4 terrorists.... ;-)

Just saying...it happens a lot and can be easily stopped....just saying :)

Also, we have interfered with the developers as we've modified the map from the original by adding the crates outside and the truck and suchlike...all not on the original map....You've restricted players buyng the AWP or the Auto-sniper without being premium and given premium players more grenades and health.... I've over 1200 hours of playing on that map on various servers and T already have such an advantage you're just adding to it by not restricting the "buy" exploit.....
    Last edited by SCOTRob; 24.03.2021 at 15:28.

Vary valid points! I have no doubt the owner of Saigns will read and give it consideration when he can.

Neuer Benutzer
    Hi ScotROb, hi Fidget, so from this discussion can i infer that there is no change of rules in the discussed topic of nades from the owners.?

There is no change to any rules. There is no appropriate reason for there to be a change for any individual map. There is for instance, no ingress into the CT spawn from T spawn with flashes/nades.

There is nothing inappropriate going on or that cannot be done on any map. I've seen the threats of being kicked to one player who buys, uses and rebuys flashes/nades/weapons at T spawn in Assault, and that is the only inappropriate thing I have seen. I've watched it happening and there is nothing that warrants making special rules just for the Assault map.

Neuer Benutzer
    Thank you for elaborating.. I was recently warned twice by one of the admins of saigns that i will be kicked for the same action..I was looking for the rule if anything as suck exists on this server..

No one will be kicking you for this. Which 'admin' threatened to kick you?

Neuer Benutzer
    Well, the admin who created this thread. Also, do i need to have a screenshot if i want to report regular flaming by one of the admins?

Thank you.